lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Antw.: [VOTE] Rename Lucene Java to be Lucene Core
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 22:17:59 GMT
+1

---
Uwe Schindler
Generics Policeman
Bremen, Germany

----- Reply message -----
Von: "Grant Ingersoll" <gsingers@apache.org>
Datum: Di., Nov. 9, 2010 21:57
Betreff: [VOTE] Rename Lucene Java to be Lucene Core
An: "general list" <general@lucene.apache.org>

Per the discuss thread and the fact that Java is TM Oracle, I would like us to change "Lucene
Java" to now be referred to as Lucene Core.  The primary change is on the website where the
"Java" tab will now be the "Core" tab and other mentions will be adjusted accordingly.  I
still expect we will just refer to it informally as Lucene, since that is what it is.

+1

-Grant