lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Rename Lucene Java to be Lucene Core
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:03:03 GMT
This vote has passed.  I will make the changes along with the other stuff I'm rolling out site-wise.

On Nov 10, 2010, at 10:39 AM, George Aroush wrote:

> -1
>
> I see the use of "Core" as too generic -- even when it's used like "Lucene Core".  In
addition, it doesn't give you any clue that this is the "Java" version.

> Also, isn't the full name suppose to be "Apache Lucene ..."?  Shouldn't the vote be on
the full name?

> -- George
>

> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> Per the discuss thread and the fact that Java is TM Oracle, I would like us to change
"Lucene Java" to now be referred to as Lucene Core.  The primary change is on the website
where the "Java" tab will now be the "Core" tab and other mentions will be adjusted accordingly.
 I still expect we will just refer to it informally as Lucene, since that is what it is.