lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Lucene Java -> Lucene Core
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 16:20:44 GMT

On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:19 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>> Die, Contrib, die! We will hopefully only have modules soon?
>>
>> +1 to "Lucene Core", "Lucene Modules" and "Solr". As qualifier we can use "for Java"
to differentiate from .NET. But in my opinion, all others should be separate projects and
the main project is called "Lucene Family for Java" (without family but I like it).

> Right - Lucene Core, Modules, Solr are all the same project.
> We're only coming up with these different labels because some of the
> parts may be downloaded and/or documented separately (and have a
> pre-existing brand associated with that).

Yeah, I mostly just want to replace that little tab on our website that says "Java".  Obviously,
that tab leads to Lucene Core, not to Java.  Java is owned by Larry and Co.  Core is our Java
APIs.

-Grant