lucene-general mailing list archives

From varun <kumar.varun0...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLR sorting and weighing issue.
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:39:08 GMT

I am implementing SOLR search on music site. Music albums contains various
section like artist, Title, song, description,. What I require to show is
whenever a user search any item, it should first list the album that has
same value as artist for ex. if someone searches "david braham" then it
should display most recent albums that has artist name as "david braham". IF
I try to weigh artist field as most, it will give me result where album with
artist name "David braham" come first but result are not sorted in order of
release date. If I apply sorting along with weighing it sorts all the result
based on release date. I require to show latest CDs by that artist and then
CDs that may contain "david braham" in product description.

If you require more details let me know.

Please help me out.