lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 2)
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:38:39 GMT
Hi,

+1 for release the artifacts of take #2! I tested the following:

- PANGAEA works with 3.0.3 in production: Indexing and searching works, NRQ
and our custom query parser. I also optimized a 10 GB index with CFS enabled
and it correctly created no CFS anymore (after Mikes patch)
- I patched Solr 1.4.1 distribution folder with the (newly attached)
patch-solr.xml. The new ANT script now also changes common-build.xml to have
the right Lucene version. After that I ran all tests without recompiling
directly from binary artifact - no failures (expect the MBean test problem
with a space in my username and so a space in directory name, this is fixed
in 3.x/trunk)
- Tests of both Lucene 2.9.4 and 3.0.3 ran on my local machine without
problems.

Finally I just wanted to discuss the "key changes" in 2.9.4 and 3.0.3, so I
can prepare the announcement.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler