lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: SOLR SCORE
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:06:44 GMT
Lucene scores (and so Solr's) are arbitrary values. They even differe
between different queries and can only be used to sort the results. You
*can* normalize tham against 1.0, if you use the score of first document
(which is the highest), but that's simply wrong, because it would not make
different queries comparable. Just see the score as a value that can be used
to compare different hits of the same result set, nothing more.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de