lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 2)
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:04:07 GMT
Hi all Lucene Java committers and PMC,

As Robert found some test problems in the last release artifacts, I have
posted a release candidate for both Apache Lucene Java 2.9.4 and
3.0.3 (which both have the same bug fix level, functionality and release
announcement), built from revision 1039909 of the corresponding branches.

Thanks for all your help! Please test them and give your votes, the
scheduled release date for both versions will be Friday, December 3th, 2010.
Only votes from the Lucene PMC are binding, but everyone is welcome to check
the release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The vote
passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

We planned the parallel release with one announcement because of their
parallel development / bug fix level to emphasize that they are equal except
deprecation removal and Java 5 since major version 3. I will post the
possible release announcement soon for corrections.

Artifacts (incl. Maven) and Changes.txt can be found here:
http://s.apache.org/fL

Attached you will also find a cool ANT build script that can patch a Solr
1.4.1 distribution to use Lucene 2.9.4:

- Extract the binary Lucene distribution artifact: lucene-2.9.4.zip (not
-src.zip a svn checkout!)
- Place the attached patch-solr.xml file in the extracted Lucene
distribution's root folder
- Execute:
	ant -f patch-solr.xml -Dsolr.dir=/path/to/Solr-1.4.1-distibution

After that you have a patched Solr, with updated lib/ folder and updated war
files in dist/ and example/webapps/.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen