lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 1)
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:43:46 GMT
Hi all,

I checked the Lucene 2.9.4 artifacts with Solr 1.4.1 and have seen no
problems!

Attached you find a cool ANT build script, that can patch a Solr 1.4.1
distribution to use Lucene 2.9.4:

- Extract the binary Lucene distribution artifact: lucene-2.9.4.zip (not
-src.zip a svn checkout!)
- Place the patch-solr.xml file in the extracted Lucene distribution's root
folder
- Execute:
	ant -f patch-solr.xml -Dsolr.dir=/path/to/Solr-1.4.1-distibution

After that you have a patched Solr, with updated lib/ folder and updated war
files in dist/ and example/webapps/.

Maybe we can provide this patch-solr.xml file together with the artifacts or
announce it in the release information, so everybody can use it to patch his
Solr distribution?

I also tested Lucene 3.0.3 with PANGAEA.

+1 to release from me!

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen