lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Wrong ordering
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:44:55 GMT

: I have one basic query. Below given is the output of my query with debug
: status on. In my result i get document with lowest score comes above the
: document with highest score. So my document is returned in the order as
: follows

nothing about your question makes it clear if you are using Solr or
Lucene-Java directly.

If you are using Solr, then we need to know what your request URL looks
like, and how your request handler is configured.

If you are using Lucene-Java then we need to see the code you are using to
execute the search.

One extremeley simple explanation might be that you aren't sorting on
score -- but that's just a shot i nthe dark given the limited info you
have provided about how you are getting these results.

-Hoss