lucene-general mailing list archives

From eoey <e...@silverspringnet.com>
Subject Optimizing multi fields searches
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:34:03 GMT

I have documents with 10 indexed fields and 10 million documents.
One of the index fields has ID-type value which is almost unique. when I
search with that almost-unique field it comes up in 12ms, but if I add
another criteria to the search it's very slow, like 5 secs.

I don't use QueryParser but I created my own queries with BooleanQuery of
course. Is there anyway to optimize this? How can I influence Lucene to
search index that yields less documents first and followed by the other
indexes (the same concept used by some RDBMS that collects indexes
statistics/histogram)?

Thanks.