lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ron Ratovsky <r...@correlsense.com>
Subject Performance Optimizations and Expected Benchmark Results
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:58:55 GMT
Hi everyone,
My colleague and I are fairly new to Lucene. We've been playing around with
it for a while, but we're far from being experts.
We want to use Lucene to allow full text search on the objects our
application produces.
The application is operates at a fairly high throughput. Without indexing,
we manage to process about 10k objects per second. On average, the data is
about 2kb in size, containing several dozens of fields.
When we run the application with indexing on, our throughput drops to 1-2k
ops/sec.
While we expect the performance to drop, we were wondering whether there's a
way to boost the performance we get.
I'm not sure what information is required in order to help us out, so I'd
appreciate if you guys can mention whatever is needed.
Thanks,
Ron