lucene-general mailing list archives

From Tesfaye Guta <tesfayegu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with hyphenated terms
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 07:11:24 GMT
You may access the index of '-' and then access the strings before and after
'-' separately.*
Example:* Let's say that you have stored the contents of your texts in an
array of string named *text*
    1.  text[i].length() gives you the length of a string
    2. int index=text[i].indexOf('-') gives you the index at which '-' is
found.
    3. String str1 = text[i].substring(0,index)  gives you the first term
    4. String str2 = text[i].substring(index+1) gives you the second term.

Hope this can help you.
- Tesfaye Guta