lucene-general mailing list archives

From sarfaraz masood <sarfarazmasood2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with linux
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:49:06 GMT
I have problems when i execute my prog on linux having this following piece of code.
{

Document d;
 Analyzer analyzer = new PorterStemAnalyzer();
System.out.println("1");

Directory index = FSDirectory.open(new File("index1"));
System.out.println("2");

IndexWriter w = new IndexWriter(index, analyzer, true, IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED
) ; // MY PROG HANGS UP HERE
System.out.println("3");
.
.
.
}

Strangely this exact prog runs well on windows. It simply hangs
up(doesnt halt) while creating the IndexWriter object in linux. The account via
which im logged in has sufficient rights for the concerned folder.

-Sarfaraz