lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] [DISCUSS] Lucy
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:53:39 GMT

: > My sense is that Lucy had better self-regulate or else.  :)  I think Doug's
: > suggestion of following the incubation check list gives us the tool we need
: > for that.
:
: OK, I'm content for now.  We've known each other long enough that I
: trust you get the gist of what we're after at this point.  Thus, I'm
: looking forward to Lucy "graduating" in the future.

I would suggest that as a way to maintain momentum, the Lucy devs setup a
webpage akin to the incubator graduation checklist page, listing the
current "state" of the community, and come up with a plan to post regular
"Lucy Status" emails to general@lucene on some schedule. (21st of every
month or something?)  The emails should mainly focus on (ie: lead with)
progress on building the community (ie: new committers, growth in
list traffic, releases, etc...) and can then summarize some of hte
technical accomplishments in the past month.

Beyond just keeping up momentum and keeping everybody i nthe loop on
Lucy's progress -- this would also help give Lucy some more visibility and
ideally attract more contributors.

-Hoss