lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucene Java 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 artifacts to be released
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:12:42 GMT
I would argue my 3 cases were borderline bugs -- they weren't just
pure perf improvements.

2135 acts like a mem leak, in that we retain [often very large] memory
for longer than we should.  2161 is nasty choke point in NRT (getting
a new NRT reader syncs the old one thus blocking any searches, since
searches use sync'd methods like getNorms, I think).  2360 was a
regression, specifically indexing small docs got a slower due to the
fix from another issue.

That said, I don't think we need to be so strict ("only bug fixes get
backported").  If someone has the itch/time/energy and is willing to
do the work for backport and the risk is low, back compat is
preserved, etc., I think it's great.

Mike