lucene-general mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucene Java 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 artifacts to be released
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:57:38 GMT
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Yonik Seeley
<> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Chris Hostetter
> <> wrote:
>> : See 3.0.2:
>> : vs. 3.0.1:
>> Ugh... ok, well i guess the precident has allready been set then.  hope it
>> doesn't bite us in the ass down the road.
> Here's an interesting one I remember from the past... a last minute
> optimization:
> And due to that last minute optimization, a bug fix release followed
> very shortly ;-)
I wouldn't wanna risk that though!
I don't think the change is super critical but it would be nice for
the folks using PMS to have this improvement. But I  agree with Yonik
that we should rather follow the pessimistic path especially if
testing has already been done. When I talked to uwe earlier this week
we thought we should backport and ask the community, if a fair bit of
folks would have volunteered to test again I guess it would have been
a good idea. Yet, we already have the artifact which have been tested
so lets vote on those.

> -Yonik

View raw message