lucene-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] [DISCUSS] Lucy
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:09:06 GMT
On 06/15/2010 10:48 AM, Mark Miller wrote:
> Sounds like Doug is saying we should get a rough consensus from the PMC
> on whether we want to put more effort into Lucy - not just abide its
> existence as seems to have been the case.

Yes, but, to be clear, I don't think it's a huge effort, no more effort
than the Incubator PMC puts in.  You should get regualar reports, read
them, and make sure they demonstrate progress towards graduation and, if
they don't, provide advice.

The Incubator has a checklist for graduation.  Lucy should make steady
progress on these same steps.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist

Ideally the Lucy folks would be pro-active and directly pursue and
document their progress towards these.  Failing that, the Lucene PMC
must prod them.  If they consistently fail to respond to prods with
demonstrated progress, then they should leave.  Or if the PMC is
unwilling to monitor and prod they should leave.

In the past, we've seen good responses to prods.  So perhaps the vote is
just whether the PMC is willing to keep prodding.

Doug