lucene-general mailing list archives

From sarfaraz masood <sarfarazmasood2...@yahoo.com>
Subject customize lucene search algorithm
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 07:03:50 GMT

I am a novice in Lucene / Solr. I wanted to replace the searching algorithm of solr  server
by the one that i have implemented in core java. I mailed this question on solr-user@lucene.apache.org
but someone replied that as solr uses lucene scoring method for searching hence i should put
the question here.

have been working on a research based project to implement a new search
algorithm for search engines.I wanna know if i can make solr use this
algorithm to decide the resultant documents, and still allow me to use
all the rest of the features of solr.

or i should say that how can i change the lucene search algorithm and make solr use that algorithm..

plz help