lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Lucene Java 2.9.3 and 3.0.2 artifacts to be released
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:54:44 GMT
I ran the tests on my computer and with 2.9.3 I got a failure, which i
cannot reproduce:

    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.lucene.index.TestThreadedOptimize
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 9,017 sec
    [junit]
    [junit] ------------- Standard Output ---------------
    [junit] Thread-45: hit exception
    [junit] java.lang.AssertionError
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter.close(CompoundFileWriter.java:195
)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.createCompoundFile(DocumentsWriter.j
ava:672)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.doFlushInternal(IndexWriter.java:4418)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.doFlush(IndexWriter.java:4264)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.flush(IndexWriter.java:4255)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:2546)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:2500)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.TestThreadedOptimize$1.run(TestThreadedOptimize.java
:92)
    [junit] ------------- ---------------- ---------------
    [junit] Testcase:
testThreadedOptimize(org.apache.lucene.index.TestThreadedOptimize):
FAILED
    [junit] null
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.TestThreadedOptimize.runTest(TestThreadedOptimize.ja
va:113)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.index.TestThreadedOptimize.testThreadedOptimize(TestThread
edOptimize.java:154)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.util.LuceneTestCase.runBare(LuceneTestCase.java:221)
    [junit]
    [junit]
    [junit] Test org.apache.lucene.index.TestThreadedOptimize FAILED

Maybe it's just the bug in the test we already know, if this is so, we can
proceed with releasing. It happened in JDK 1.4.2 when doing a test build on
my windows machine of 2.9.3-src.zip.

Mike, maybe it's an already fixed test-only bug (missing "volatile" on field
in this test)?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler