lucene-general mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and Disk Snapshots
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 17:07:11 GMT
Yes, when you open an IndexWriter, make sure to use SnapshotDeletionPolicy.
When you want to snapshot a certain commit point, just call its snapshot()
method.

Note that I'm currently working on LUCENE-2481 which will allow SDP to
support multiple snapshots by ID. I'm using it for the same purposes as you
mention.

Shai