lucene-general mailing list archives

From josh45 <joshho...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene with Relational Databases
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 20:24:53 GMT

Hello All,

First let me start of by saying thanks for any help anyone can give me.  I
am a newb when it comes to Lucene and what it can do and I have been
searching to see if it can solve one of my problems.  However, I guess I
don't have my black belt yet with searching google and have not yet been
able to find the answer so I figured I could ask the experts :).

So here it goes....

I have a relational database for example I have the tables, orders,
products, and customers.  The relationship is in orders has a product id and
customer id.  My issue is I would like to enter in something like "Mike and
printer" And have it return the the customer id and the printer id.  Pretty
bad example I know but I think it gets the point across.  If this can be
done or can not with Lucene I would love to know.  If I need to go into
anymore detail please let me know I would be glad to.  Thanks again, I know
its a poor question but I would love to know the answer or now where to get
the answer!