lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Nutch 1.1 Release Candidate #2
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 02:06:37 GMT

: Thanks. I think it actually makes sense to finish off 1.1, and since
: there is overlap with the Nutch PMC and the Lucene PMC and since the
: thread started in Lucene before the TLP, I think it would be great e.g.,

Except that once the Board officilly passed the resolution creating the
nutch TLP... "...all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Lucene
Nutch sub-project encumbered upon the Apache Lucene Project are hereafter
discharged."

Tthe Lucene PMC can't hold a VOTE for Nutch releases as of that board
meeting.

Which is not to say that the Nutch release VOTE needs to be put on hold
until all the nutch TLP infra changes are made -- it just means that the
people on the new new Nutch PMC are the only people with binding votes
(regardless of whether those votes are cast on general@lucene.a.o, or
nutch-dev@lucene.a.o, or some new @nutch.a.o list)

-Hoss