lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Lucene EuroCon Call For Participation: Prague, Czech Republic May 20 & 21, 2010
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:58:58 GMT
Just a reminder, just over one week left open on the CFP.  Some great talks entered already.
 Keep it up!

On Mar 24, 2010, at 8:03 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Apache Lucene EuroCon Call For Participation - Prague, Czech Republic May 20 & 21,
2010

> All submissions must be received by Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 12 Midnight CET/6 PM US
EDT

> The first European conference dedicated to Lucene and Solr is coming to Prague from May
18-21, 2010. Apache Lucene EuroCon is running on on not-for-profit basis, with net proceeds
donated back to the Apache Software Foundation. The conference is sponsored by Lucid Imagination
with additional support from community and other commercial co-sponsors.

> Key Dates:
> 24 March 2010: Call For Participation Open
> 13 April 2010: Call For Participation Closes
> 16 April 2010: Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
> 18-19 May 2010: Lucene and Solr Pre-conference Training Sessions
> 20-21 May 2010: Apache Lucene EuroCon
>
> This conference creates a new opportunity for the Apache Lucene/Solr community and marketplace,
providing  the chance to gather, learn and collaborate on the latest in Apache Lucene and
Solr search technologies and what's happening in the community and ecosystem. There will be
two days of Lucene and Solr training offered May 18 & 19, and followed by two days packed
with leading edge Lucene and Solr Open Source Search content and talks by search and open
source thought leaders.

> We are soliciting 45-minute presentations for the conference, 20-21 May 2010 in Prague.
The conference and all presentations will be in English.

> Topics of interest include:
> - Lucene and Solr in the Enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment,
etc.)
> - “How We Did It”  Development Case Studies
> - Spatial/Geo search
> - Lucene and Solr in the Cloud
> - Scalability and Performance Tuning
> - Large Scale Search
> - Real Time Search
> - Data Integration/Data Management
> - Tika, Nutch and Mahout
> - Lucene Connectors Framework
> - Faceting and Categorization
> - Relevance in Practice
> - Lucene & Solr for Mobile Applications
> - Multi-language Support
> - Indexing and Analysis Techniques
> - Advanced Topics in Lucene & Solr Development
>
> All accepted speakers will qualify for discounted conference admission. Financial assistance
is available for speakers that qualify.

> To submit a 45-minute presentation proposal, please send an email to cfp@lucene-eurocon.org
containing the following information in plain text:

> 1. Your full name, title, and organization
>
> 2. Contact information, including your address, email, phone number
>
> 3. The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple and relevant to the topic)
>
> 4. A 75-200 word overview of your presentation (in English); in addition to the topic,
describe whether your presentation is intended as a tutorial, description of an implementation,
an theoretical/academic discussion, etc.

> 5. A 100-200-word speaker bio that includes prior conference speaking or related experience
(in English)

> To be considered, proposals must be received by 12 Midnight CET Tuesday, 13 April 2010
(Tuesday 13 April 6 PM US Eastern time, 3 PM US Pacific Time).

> Please email any questions regarding the conference to info@lucene-eurocon.org. To be
is interested in sponsorship opportunities, email