lucene-general mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:22:16 GMT
On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Otis Gospodnetic
<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Would it be correct to say that a subset of Lucene/Solr committers discussed the proposal
"internally/offline" (i.e. not on MLs) before proposing it?

Nope. Where did this idea come from?

I'm quite sure my proposal (my original we-should-just-merge email)
was a surprise to everyone.  I discussed it with no one previously.
All of the related discussions in previous months had been about
pulling stuff out of Solr, why that was disadvantageous to Solr, etc,
etc.

-Yonik