lucene-general mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:35:42 GMT
I think the problem is political - and that leads to both technical
and political problems.
We came up with a largely political solution that should solve both.

We can't have a one way street of pulling everything interesting out
of Solr for Lucene, or poaching, or expanding Lucene's domain while
shrinking Solr's (just limit to "server stuff", etc).  Lucene and Solr
committers are headed down the road toward greater competition - but
with this proposal, we said we'd rather work together instead.

-Yonik