lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:54:35 GMT

: from Solr into Lucene don't need to be in there. All of a sudden I'm agreeing
: with Hoss about goals rather than actual steps ;) Because those points are not
: important to this vote at all - they are more examples of what we will be able
: This is about merging dev so we can put code where it belongs and do things
: that can make sense - its not a vote where specific code refactorings matter

This is the point where i say...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!!!!!

	HA!

I've had relationships (with live people that i cared deeply about) that
recieved less of my attention this all of this, and i just don't give a
fuck anymore.

I'm -1 to "the proposal" on the grounds that 150+ messages into the
discusison, it still seems like no one has any fucking clue what it is
we're voting on.

If anyone has any patches, releases, or a potential committers they'd like
me to vote on please let me know -- otherwise i'm wiping my hands of the
whole thing.  I'm done with this thread, and i don't plan on reading any
more messages posted to it.  (one of the bueatiful things about Lucene:
the community (and the PMC) are large enough that the wheels will keep
turning and smart people will make smart choices even if close my eyes and
stick my fingers in my ears)

if you'll excuse me: i desperately need to go review some patches, and
answer some questions on the user lists so i can ultimately finish this
day with some sense of accomplishment.

-Hoss