lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge the development of Solr/Lucene (take 2)
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:26:35 GMT

: Subject: [VOTE] Merge the development of Solr/Lucene (take 2)
:
: A new vote, that slightly changes proposal from last vote (adding only
: that Lucene can cut a release even if Solr doesn't):

-1

I still don't like that we're voting on a "Goal"

I still think that we should approach something like this iteratively and
incrementally -- preferably starting with some basic refactoring/merging
of specific components/modules (akin to McCandless'ss original suggestion)
and adjusting committers/mailinglists/build-processes however it makes
sense as we go along.

-Hoss