lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: AC 2010 Draft Blurb
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:26:13 GMT
Hi Grant,

+1, what do you think of these mods?

On 3/22/10 8:15 AM, "Grant Ignersoll" <> wrote:

> Riffing off of last years...  Could use a little more meat, IMO, but I don't
> think my brain is on yet.
> <snip>
> Apache Lucene is a robust and powerful, open source, search toolkit that
> powers search and discovery in thousands of applications and websites ranging
> from very well known corporations to startups creating next generation
> intelligent applications.  Whether it¹s embedding Lucene on a mobile app or
> leveraging the power and simplicity of Apache Solr¹s search and faceting
harnessing the power and simplicity of Apache Solr's free-text search and

> capabilities or the large scale crawling features of Nutch, chances are Lucene

capabilities, or simply power web-scale search via Apache Nutch, changes are

> has a solution to meet your needs.
> The Lucene Track at ApacheCon will feature a full slate of training, talks and
> networking on the entire Lucene ecosystem. A wide range of talks will cover
> both the technical details and the business aspects of Lucene. Networking

both the technical and business details of Lucene. Networking

> events will help connect you with the creators of all the Lucene projects as
> well as other users.

well as other members of the rapidly growing Lucene community. We look
forward to seeing you there!

> </snip>

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist