lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:35:04 GMT
Hi All,

I'll preface my vote in this by mentioning I'm neither a Lucene(-java) or
Solr committer, but I am -1 for this proposal is in its current form, per my
comments referenced in the below URL during the existing discussions.

On 3/3/10 3:42 PM, "Yonik Seeley" <> wrote:

> Many Lucene/Solr committers think that merging development would be a
> benefit to both projects.
> Separate downloads would remain (among other things), so end users
> would not be impacted (except for higher quality products over time).
> Since this is a change to Lucene/Solr project development, I'd like to
> get a format vote from the committers of both projects.
> If there are 3 +1s and more +1s than -1s, we can pass this to the
> Lucene PMC to ratify.
> -Yonik
> Discussion thread:
> _a_standalone_shared_analysis_package_for_nutch_solr_lucene

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246