lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: read past EOF
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:58:33 GMT
It can be tricky.... eg if segments share doc stores, I think you
can't always recover that.

But this index seems not to have separate doc stores (no *.cfx), so, I
think in theory one could regenerate the segment metadata
(SegmentInfo) from the index files, but I don't know that anyone has
created this yet.

Also, it could in general result in re-attaching segments that had
been merged away (ie, causing duplicates in the index).

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:39 AM, Ted Dunning <> wrote:
> The documentation (
> makes it
> seem that the cfs files could be used to recover most of the information
> from the index.  Is that not so?
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Michael McCandless <
>> wrote:
>> Your index is in serious trouble -- you have 2 segments_N files, both
>> of which are 0 length.
>> This won't be easy to recover (CheckIndex won't be able to).

View raw message