lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: read past EOF
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:58:33 GMT
It can be tricky.... eg if segments share doc stores, I think you
can't always recover that.

But this index seems not to have separate doc stores (no *.cfx), so, I
think in theory one could regenerate the segment metadata
(SegmentInfo) from the index files, but I don't know that anyone has
created this yet.

Also, it could in general result in re-attaching segments that had
been merged away (ie, causing duplicates in the index).

Mike