lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Factor out a standalone, shared analysis package for Nutch/Solr/Lucene?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:38:53 GMT
Also, there still seems to be a misconception on what's being proposed
here.

The proposal is to synchronize the development of Solr and Lucene.
Ie, a single dev list, single set of committers, synchronized
releases.

Everything else remains the same.  EG the release artifacts, user's
lists, web sites, branding, all remain separate.

How the source code is modularized is an orthogonal question.  We've
discussed breaking out things of Lucene's core, like query parser,
queries, analyzers into their own modules (and shipping their own
artifacts), which I still think makes great sense.  But it's
independent of synchronizing our development.

Mike