lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:35:03 GMT
> 2. duplicate the Lucene code in Solr, address any issues there, and then
> contribute it back

Not that I can stop anything, but -1 to any further analysis code
duplication. There has to be a better way.

Its stupid to duplicate the code. Its also stupid to just move the code.

In my opinion, if Solr has an analysis feature that belongs in lucene,
we want not just the code, but improvements, ideas, comments from solr
developers that have experience with it, we want to pay
attention to open Solr JIRA tickets against that feature, we want
things like the Solr example schema to have good "defaults" for any
potential improvements to it, and we want the wiki to reflect
additional improvements it supports.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com