lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Umbrella Projects WAS: Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:58:23 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 15:39, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> I have no problem with you proposing to bring in Nutch's overlap.  The fact is, the
Board doesn't like subprojects anyway and we are likely headed for some consolidation/spinning
out anyway (see the December Board Minutes).

In fact, I was waiting for this argument to be made...

The truth is, umbrella projects didn't go well and the board is only
watching over this, while the ASF membership thinks umbrellas are no
good.

And as everybody can see now, although there is a large overlap in
Lucene/Solr committers, people talk like there are two different
projects. This is wrong. There is only one project, named Lucene, with
one PMC, and one committership.

  Bernd