lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:34:35 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 15:15, Dennis Kubes <kubes@apache.org> wrote:
> Yes railroading.
>
> Many people don't want this to occur.  More than just minus 2. Underlying
> concerns are not being addressed.  Vetos count.  Ignoring that is ignoring
> how Apache operates.  Merging projects is definitely a code change.

Yet, no code changed happened, just a whole lot of (maybe not
sufficient, not my call) discussion. Or, in other words, please name
the revision number and give a technical justification for your veto.

On the other hand, I would think it would be pretty cool and only fair
if the Lucene community would embrace and address all concerns of the
minority along the change process.

  Bernd