lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:26:45 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 13:54, Dennis Kubes <kubes@apache.org> wrote:
> This has definitely NOT passed.  With as much contention, discussion, and
> debate as there has been on this, saying that it has passed is akin to
> saying "we are just going to do it anyways".  This is being railroaded IMO
> and needs to be taken to a higher level within the Apache organization.

What's it that you don't like about the vote?
o that it wasn't prepended with enough community [DISCUSS]
o the phrasing of the vote itself
o the length of the voting process
o the outcome of the vote
o something else

Just curious.

BTW, I think it will be hard to appeal to the board or any other body
of the ASF (IMHO).
The Lucene PMC is tasked with directing the project and functional in
doing so (as far as I can see).
And honestly, if there would be another VOTE (or 10 such votes),
wouldn't the outcome in terms of general direction of the project be
the same, entirely?

  Bernd