lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:47:48 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 04:29, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Hi Yonik,
>
> IMO, this vote has not passed. A bullet of this proposal proposes code
> modifications and this is subject to VETO per Apache guidelines:
>
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#Veto

Vetos only relate to some specific svn commit.
You cannot veto proposals, releases, strategic decisions and anything else.

(This is intended to be a generic comment, I'm not commenting on the
vote(s) in this thread itself.)

> Since that point is up for debate, I think we can get clarification on this
> from the board at their next meeting, but I dispute calling the VOTE
> "passed" until that time.

At this point, I don't think the board can really help resolving this
issue any better than this community can.

  Bernd