lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:00:42 GMT

On Mar 9, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> * I think Grant may be right.  We don't need this discussion.  Because the Solr/Lucene
developer overlap is excellent, why not just start moving selected Solr code to new Lucene
modules, just like Mike proposed we move Analysis from Lucene core to a new Lucene module?

Note, if you read what I said again you will realize I wasn't actually proposing this.  I
was saying actually, that I think it would not be something that people really wanted, even
though it is perfectly "legal", just like poaching is perfectly "legal", but isn't, in my
mind a good solution.  Sigh.  The problem with email, I guess, especially on long threads.