lucene-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:28:19 GMT
Hi,

But remember the early days of this (or these) vote threads.  I recall some people saying
things like "I won't vote -1 since I don't want to veto the proposal, so I'll vote +|-0".
 I recall Doug being one of those people.  I don't think we heard back from Doug in subsequent
vote threads.  I think there were a few others on the fence.

I don't think I even voted because things were not clear and there was too much discussion
going on.  If I had to vote, I think I'd vote -1 mainly because I believe that what I think
the proposal's goal is can be achieved with the current structure.  I mentioned this in some
emails about a week ago, but nobody from +1 side reacted from what I recall.

I agree that in general in life it's impossible to get 100% of people to agree on something
and sometimes that means that a "largish minority" will have to live with a change they disagree
with, but here I feel that there are other ways of achieving the desired goal, so it's not
clear to me while those less drastic ways are not tried first.  I'll send a separate email
about those ways.

Otis