lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:03:22 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:11 AM, Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote for the proposal quoted below to merge lucene/solr development.

+0 with my PMC member hat on, as I think this matter is up to the
Lucene and Solr developers to decide.

That said, I generally think having multiple distinct development
communities under one PMC is a bit troublesome (as we're seeing in
this discussion), so consolidating the community seems like a good
direction given that the technical synergies are there. On the other
hand I share Chris' concern about the massive scope of this vote. All
the proposed changes could IMHO just as well be handled as separate
and more easily reversible steps.

BR,

Jukka Zitting