lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:30:08 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/04/2010 09:21 AM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
>> Are we still voting or is this already a discussion?
>
> As far as I'm concerned, a vote is on - the vote was started and people are
> voting.

I haven't followed this too closely, but the large amount of confusion
seems to indicate that calling a vote on this may be premature.

As an outside observer (I'm not actively involved in Solr or Lucene
Java development) this proposal seems like a pretty monumental change
for the projects. Would it make sense to rather start with smaller
steps that everyone can agree on?

BR,

Jukka Zitting