lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:45:15 GMT

On 03/13/2010 10:36 PM, patrick o'leary wrote:
> As for this vote, I will allow our proximity to St. Patricks day to tone
> down my description of it, by describing it as shenanigans !

As long as we are talking about what committers should be working on, I
wish you'd support the spatial contrib you dumped in. I've explained the
issues with it in the past, and while you agreed about them, where is
the help!

Field Collapsing is a biggie (I think Shalin was working at it a bit,
along with others at different times), and not an easy one to make time
for, or take responsibility for the commit - especially with so many
having concerns with its scalability - but if you help at all with
spatial, I promise to push on Field Collapsing. Its why you were made a
contrib committer. I'm not sure why you accepted if someone else could
have just committed the code load.