lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 05:37:50 GMT
Just to clarify - reading back, I see Mike put some examples of what
could be pulled into Lucene core - I personally don't see that as a
binding part of the vote - they are what we hope to do and are examples
of things that are not controversial. I think quite obviously, anything
after the merge would be taken as we normally take it - we would make
issues, someone would have to actually do the work, etc. Mike listed
some things that make sense to go into Lucene, and I doubt anyone is
going to argue, but it would be weird to say the result of this Vote
demands we move all queries from Solr into Lucene. It will just allow us
to do so and it would make sense to do so.

Mike took that from an earlier email proposing the merge - its not
really a "road plan" that we are voting for in terms of what goes where
- we are voting for the merge of development. What goes where should be
determined like we normally do that stuff.

- Mark