lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 05:26:55 GMT
On 03/09/2010 12:14 AM, Michael Busch wrote:
> On 3/8/10 8:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>> I don't think any of it's a showstopper,
>
> I'm surprised here after reading the Apache voting page. This proposal
> contains points that involve code restructurings.

The veto is reserved for "code modifications" not reorganizations of
development. And the veto requires a valid technical reason against a
specific code change.

Also, we have decided on no code restructurings - the hope is to allow
them (and in the past you have championed some of the ones we hope to
see), but there are no restructurings that are part of the vote. The
change says nothing about what will happen regarding the code - the
community would decide that as we go. If you have to pick one of the 3
buckets, this is procedural.

- Mark