lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 05:14:24 GMT
On 3/8/10 8:24 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I don't think any of it's a showstopper,

I'm surprised here after reading the Apache voting page. This proposal
contains points that involve code restructurings.

> but at the same time we should try to address the concerns of those who voted -1 and
see if a better solution can be developed so that they hopefully can become at least a 0 if
not a +1.  The whole point of the move is to build a stronger community, not a weaker one.

Yes I totally agree and thanks for saying that, Grant.  We should try to
make a decision so that the general mood in this community is good at
the end and that everyone considers the outcome as beneficial for the
whole project. This means that both sides have to be open for compromises.

  Michael