lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development (take 3)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 02:56:05 GMT

On 03/08/2010 09:49 PM, Michael Busch wrote:

> Question: Is it sufficient to have more +1s than -1s for this vote to
> pass? I thought for votes as significant as this one a -1 veto is a
> showstopper?

Hey Michael - its a good question. And I think the answer is, this is
not a vote that can be vetoed with a single -1. Though I'm not sure its
completely clear.

Quoting the Apache page on voting:

There are essentially three types of vote:

   1. Code modifications,
   2. Package releases
   3. Procedural

Votes on procedural issues follow the common format of majority rule
unless otherwise stated.

Likewise, package release cannot be vetoed. Only Code modifications with
a valid technical reason can be vetoed.

So from what I gather, this is closest to procedural and would be
majority. But that's not entirely clear. But it does appear that Apache
favors for majority for this type of thing (or enough +1's), and saves
vetoes for code changes.

--
- Mark