lucene-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:08:21 GMT
Uwe Schindler wrote:
> One idea: If we really make solr depend on the new lucene lib, solr
> should not have lucene jars in its lib folder, but instead the
> nightly build should fetch the jars from the lucene hudson build.

If Solr trunk is meant to always be based on Lucene trunk, then
shouldn't they both be under a single trunk?  A Solr release would then
not include an independent version of Lucene, but would rather be an
alternate avenue for releasing the Lucene code.  One could tag, branch
and release them separately or together.  If separately, then a Solr
release tag might include a version of Lucene that's never released
independently.

Doug