lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:48:28 GMT

On 03/04/2010 10:43 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> Feh.  Sloppy reading on my part.  Still, I don't think it's hard to understand
> why some of us got the wrong idea.

Heh - heck no - I certainly didn't mean it that way. I can easily see
why people would be confused with that long thread. Didn't mean to imply
there is no way they should be.

But I think to those of us that are pro merge, it's just very clear that
Lucene would have to remain a completely separate library. I'd bet my
life savings that none of us would even remotely support Solr gobbling
up Lucene. This is only a merge on the dev side - the consumer side
would remain relatively the same.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com