lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge lucene/solr development
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 00:41:18 GMT
Agreed - a better description of what we are voting on should have been
included.

I'm only for the merge with aligned releases - its the only way Solr can
really stay on Lucene trunk happily. Aligned releases are also my
biggest worry (and part of why I initially leaned against such a merge),
but without it, there goes all of the larger reasons I'm into the merge
now - Solr can be on trunk and we can have better sharing / less
duplication between the projects - which I personally think requires
Solr being on Lucene trunk - or it won't really work at all. And Solr
being on trunk really needs aligned releases

So we should probably spell out what the vote would mean a bit more
formally. I assumed we were essentially voting on the proposal Mike put
out - but that is certainly an assumption.

- Mark

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com