lucene-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Factor out a standalone, shared analysis package for Nutch/Solr/Lucene?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:00:18 GMT
Ted Dunning wrote:
> Hadoop is a strange beast.  The Hadoop core itself has fractured into three
> projects that have independent mailing lists but which share release dates.

But without any releases yet.  Is that "shared nothing"?

The rationale for the Hadoop split was that the single codebase was too
big and too active for developers to easily follow.  Splitting dev lists
was an initial step towards someday splitting into separate TLPs.  The
first post-split releases will be sync'd, but long term the expectation
is that the release schedules may diverge.  (This is all my opinion: I
have but one vote on the Hadoop PMC.)

Doug