lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Poll: solr-dev/java-dev overlap
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:56:57 GMT

On Mar 4, 2010, at 3:52 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Out of curiosity.  Please reply ONLY if your are a Solr committer and the answer to any
of the questions is Yes.

> 1) Are you on solr-dev, but NOT on java-dev?
>

> 2) Are you active on solr-dev, but do NOT ACTIVELY FOLLOW java-dev?

I actively follow.  Lately, it seems java-dev requires following IRC too, but that is a separate
issue.  For the record, I follow that too.

> 3) Are you active on solr-dev, but do NOT ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE on java-dev?

I'm less active on java-dev than solr-dev, but I still do contribute, just not at the level
I used to and the primary reason is b/c of the disjunction between the two.  My time is more
effectively spent in Solr for the reasons mentioned before.